Monday, April 30, 2007

Atlas Shrugs: CONFESSIONS OF A SANDMONKEY: SANDMONKEY TALKS TO ATLAS

I found out this weekend, belatedly, that my favorite Egyptian blog is being shut down. His security is in danger from the Egyptian Secret Police. I have been trying to find a proper tribute and have failed. Atlas has interviewed him and that at least is a good thing. I will miss you Sandmonkey!

Atlas Shrugs: CONFESSIONS OF A SANDMONKEYSANDMONKEY TALKS TO ATLAS: "I met with Sandmonkey (at an undisclosed location) and commiserated. He is as charming and clever as you might expect from the 'writer of an extremely cynical, snarky, pro-US, secular, libertarian, disgruntled sandmonkey.' Fabulous. But his words of premonitory warning gave me great pause. He has scorn for the 'new Democrats' that sold out reformers and activists and destroyed fledging movements of democracy.

Upon learning of his blog departure, I was heartbroken. Look, the blogosphere and the fighters for liberty and democracy lost a warrior when Sandmonkey backed away from the keyboard, signed off on his blog and wrote his last post here."

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Google Search

Google