Friday, January 05, 2007

Catching up from the holidays

I am sick of all the news I have been catching up on. Some idiots are actually comparing Saddam's 'presidency' to President Ford's. As if Saddam was NOT elected at gunpoint. The guns, of course, being pointed at the people doing the voting. I do not think President Ford was a great President, but he did handle his short term amazingly well. He did many great things in the small time he was in office and handled them all well. I am, overall, proud of him. Rest in peace.

Saddam, on the other hand was a brutal thug who saw the people he ruled over as playthings to be used as he wished. When his toys would get out of hand he would immediately 'correct' them with violence and/or sexual abuse and/or death. If he has not been the counter to Iranian power in the region he would have been deposed decades earlier. Too bad for his people. Praise the Lord that they are now free. If we can help them maintain that freedom.

One thing that I rarely would comment upon, but seems to have gotten under my skin, is the post on MM's blog about Carmen Climaco. Yet again the worthless mainstream media is proven to have no respect for the truth! Does this surprise me? NO! I only read the newspaper out of curiosity, not to look for truth. I now automatically assume that about half of what is written is false. Is this accurate? Probably not. But it is good enough. I have seen articles written and then gone to other sources, for instance, eye witnesses, and found discrepancies in the articles that could easily change the conclusions drawn by the writer. Reporter is not the title given to this kind of fantasy. I think the fact that the NYT refuses to change the story to include the official death certificate and coroner reports is the telling issue. They are no longer interested in the truth. I almost want to sign back up for the Times just so I can quit again in outrage.

Then there is the swearing in of the 'most ethical' congressional leadership of all times. How many of these leaders have been investigated by the Ethics Committee and then slapped on the wrist? Almost all? How many are being investigated by the FBI or other law enforcement agency? This is the kind of crud that almost makes me join with the enemy, and for once I am not talking about the Democrats! I hope and pray that someone will put out a wonderful chart listing ALL of the investigations against these bums. Put it next to a chart of ALL the crud against the Republicans. I am really interested! Might do it myself IF I find the time.

Another stupid organization this past couple of weeks is CAIR. Why are these guys just not all deported? Many of their leaders have already either been deported or jailed. Even the Democrats acknowledge that CAIR supports the terrorists and the ascendancy of Islam over the world. If Sen Durbin, a man who willingly supports anyone who espouses the death of the President and the Republicans, can see through the charade that CAIR attempts to show the world, then anyone who can not see this connection is mentally incompetent to live without medical supervision. As I have often suspected of the semi-Honorable Dick Durbin.

On Clarity and Resolve I read about a bunch of remarkably stupid kids at a high school in Virginia who are dressing up as Arabs and praying with the Koran five times a day so that they will "understand" . Understand what? Living in a Virginia suburb does not make one an expert on why Islam wants to dominate the world. It will provide no insight into the reason Muslims are to willing to blow themselves up on command. It will only provide these remarkably unintelligent kids with a superficial experience to allow them to set themselves up above the rest of us who have not tried to be so "understanding". I am just wondering if they will learn how real Muslims live? Will they go to the Sudan, Saudi Arabia, or Palestine to learn that all the fun gadgets they consider as essential in American life are condemned by Islam? I sincerely doubt it! What a waste of a below average public education. Not that I really expect much more in the modern world.

Well, enough for tonight. I have more to read so that I can be properly jazzed for more blogging in the morning. Time to listen to Stuck Mojo before I pass out.

UPDATE: 8Jan07: It seems that the NYT has actually posted a correction to the Carmen Climaco Story. I am impressed. Maybe they have a new editor?

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Google Search

Google