Thursday, December 20, 2007

Sarkozy loses patience with Assad

I wonder how the Left will spin this! Any ideas?

Sarkozy loses patience with Assad | Jerusalem Post: "'I have reached the end of the road with [Syrian President Bashar] Assad. Words alone won't suffice, I want actions,' French President Nicolas Sarkozy was quoted as telling reporters Wednesday at the Champs-Élysées in Paris.

Sarkozy has run out of patience with Assad

France has grown increasingly impatient with Syria, particularity over its intervention in Lebanese politics and its alleged involvement in political assassinations in the country.

Sarkozy spoke with Assad on several occasions recently in order to bring about a solution to the crisis over the Lebanese presidency, but it appears that his patience is now wearing thin. 'I spoke to him three times recently and I spoke with him clearly and honestly,' said Sarkozy. 'I took the risk and spoke with him when no one else would,' Asharq Alawsat quoted the French president as saying."

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Google Search

Google