Friday, July 20, 2007

Increase in Anti-Semitic Violence Troubles Jews in Britain - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

FOXNews.com - Increase in Anti-Semitic Violence Troubles Jews in Britain - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News: "Rabbi Alex Chapper recalled that he was a target of that hostility when he walked home from Sabbath services with some of his congregants two years ago in a London neighborhood that has a swelling Moslem population. The Jews were followed by a group of Muslim youth shouting anti-Semitic insults.

“We’re Pakistani,” one of the young people yelled. “You’re Jewish. We will kill you.” The rabbi said several of the youths threw punches at the Jews, until one of the congregants flagged down passing car and asked the driver to call the police. The assailants fled.

“Not a week goes by when someone doesn’t make anti-Semitic remarks to me when I’m walking to the synagogue for Sabbath services,” lamented the 34-year-old rabbi.

'People in passing cars give the Hitler salute, or they throw things at me. I wish I was in a place where I felt less threatened, but I am here. I have a job to do. I have to get on with it.”"

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Google Search

Google