Thursday, January 31, 2008

Teenage girl strangled in 'honour killing'

The joys of Islam. If my sister leaves her husband's house without permission, should I kill her too? Ooops! I am 'crusader' and don't believe in killing women and children. One of these days, I might convert to Islam so I can kill indiscriminately, but not anytime soon.

Gulfnews: Teenage girl strangled in 'honour killing': "A Jordanian prosecutor has charged the victim’s brother, a 20-year-old man, with premeditated murder.

Local newspapers reported that he had stuffed a scarf in his sister's mouth, choked her with an electric cable and smoked a pack of cigarettes before turning himself in."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, these crimes are still quite common in Jordan. "Thanks" to perpetrator-friendly laws, the average sentence for them is six months.

Ellen R. Sheeley, Author
"Reclaiming Honor in Jordan"

Powered By Blogger

Google Search

Google