Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Slain VT Professor Saves Students: Hero & Holocaust Survivor

It is hard to express how I feel about this incident. However, this man is a hero. I hope that his soul is in that special place in heavan for True Heros. Go to the Jawa Report to read more.

On a related note, all of the news shows keep talking about how this horror set a new record. I am now wondering who the sick jerk is who is going to be trying to break this record. I have to admit that I think I could break it, if I was a sick terrorist type. Good thing I am not! I do think I could better it, if I was challenged properly.


The Jawa Report: Slain VT Professor Saves Students: Hero & Holocaust Survivor: "Slain VT Professor Saves Students: Hero & Holocaust Survivor

Liviu Librescu.jpg
Let the name of Professor Liviu Librescu be known for all time as a hero. Dr. Librescu survived the Holocaust and the Soviet labor camps. God spared his life from the two greatest evils of the 20th century, but chose to call him home at the hands of another evil. His sacrifice should never be forgotten.

Be prepared for tears.........

JPost:

Professor Liviu Librescu, 76, threw himself in front of the shooter when the man attempted to enter his classroom. The Israeli mechanics and engineering lecturer was shot to death, 'but all the students lived - because of him,' Virginia Tech student Asael Arad - also an Israeli - told Army Radio.

Several of Librescu's other students sent e-mails to his wife, Marlena, telling of how he blocked the gunman's way and saved their lives, said Librescu's son, Joe.

'My father blocked the doorway with his body and asked the students to flee,' Joe Librescu said in a telephone interview from his home outside of Tel Aviv. 'Students started opening windows and jumping out.'

Hero. Here is Dr. Librescu's VT homepage.

I suspect that as the horrifying events at Virginia Tech become clearer, that we will learn of many similar "

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Google Search

Google