Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Not that we enjoy it, but we can suffer fools

Bravo, BG Gal!

Love this post.


Not that we enjoy it, but we can suffer fools « BGG: "Memorial Day weekend around the BGG’s Lair is pretty laid back. No parties, BBQs, and so on. Some friends will be visiting the military cemeteries, paying respects. Me, I just take a moment to remember those gone before, some military and some just family members. I’ll avoid the masses in D.C.

I was just surfing some blogs about Memorial Day and saw a whole bunch of ‘em that I’d put in the maudlin category. Could those videos get any more sappy? Too sentimental for me, but then, I can’t stand chick flicks either.

On the opposite side of the aisle, I noticed a blog that was the most extreme military-hating spew I’ve seen in a while (I’m not going to link and give the jerk any traffic). This loser said he’d spend Memorial Day remembering all the victims of the U.S. military, people murdered and raped, etc. I really found that offensive, but the part that bothered me most was how ignorant the guy was."

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Google Search

Google