Thursday, October 09, 2008

Gardener ordered to take down barbed wire fence 'in case thieves hurt themselves on it'

This is why the world is going to pot. The next time the thieves strike, this guy now has a valid suit against the city for telling him to remove his safety fence. He can sue for damages, time, and the distress of the city ordering him to allow the theives to destroy his property.

Liberal morons. What needs fixing is the criminals! Then the need for this fence would go away.


Gardener ordered to take down barbed wire fence 'in case thieves hurt themselves on it' | Mail Online: "But his local council declared the security measure was a health and safety hazard and warned him they would forcibly remove it if he refused.

Bill said: 'It's an absolutely ridiculous situation, all I wanted was to protect my property but the wire had to go in case a thief scratched himself.

'The council said they were unhappy about the precautions I had made but my response was to tell them that only someone climbing over on to my allotment could possibly hurt themselves.

'They shouldn't be trespassing in the first place but the council apologised and said they didn't want to be sued by a wounded thief.

'I told them to let the thief sue me so at least that way I would know who was breaking into my allotment but everything I said fell on deaf ears. It seems as though they are so wrapped up in red tape, they are unable to help me.

'It was just three foot high and wasn't as though I'd dug a moat filled with piranha and erected six foot iron railings."

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Google Search

Google